WHAT AN ORGANIC PRODUCT IS?
According to the Ministry of Agriculture, to be considered organic, the product should be cultivated in an environment that considers social, environmental and economic sustainability, thus adding value to rural communities’ culture.
Organic agriculture does not use pesticides, hormones, veterinary drugs, chemical fertilizers,
antibiotics or transgender products in any production stage. However,organic production goes beyond the non-use of pesticides. Cultivation must comply with environmental, social and economic aspects to ensure a sustainable farming system.
WHY DOES MARAMBAIA CASHEW NUT -MAKE ALL DIFFERENCE?
Marambaia aims to meet all actual principles of having an organic product much more beyond a certificate.
In addition to holding four certificates issued by ECOCERT to process and trade organic cashew nut kernels in Canadian, American, European and Brazilian markets, we struggle to achieve a balance between consumption and field, for which we have developed several projects focused on the society and the environment.
We look to impact positively the life or several rural families that are also committed to produce healthier and ecologically correct food products through our sustainability programs.
Always be sure of purchasing much more than a certificate while trying to know all aspects behind it. Have kernels with a peculiar flavor, free of pesticides and ecologically sustainable. That is what we try to do best day after day.
PRINCIPLES OF OUR -
1. To avoid health problems caused by ingestion of chemical toxic substances. The intensive use of chemicals in food production affects the air, soil, water, animals and people. Organic agriculture excludes the use of fertilizers, pesticides or any chemicals, and its work is based on the preservation of natural resources.
2. To support policies that make every effort to fight the use and exploitation of child labor, slave labor and human trafficking.
3. Our organic food products are more nutritive and tasty. Rich soils balanced by natural fertilizers produce food with a higher nutritive value.
4. We prevent soil erosion through organic techniques, such as: crop rotation, intercropping and composting, thus maintaining the soil more fertile and productive.
5. By avoiding pesticides, we protect the water quality, as they cross the soil, reach groundwater and pollute rivers and lakes.
6. Adequate disposal of residual waste.
7. No land burning, as it impairs the environment and weakens the soil.
8. Biodiversity restoration by protecting animal and vegetal life. Organic agriculture respects the nature equilibrium by creating healthy ecosystems.
9. To help small producers. Most of organic production derives from family groups which land is their only form of subsistence. By maintaining the soil fertile, organic cultivation links man to land and revitalizes rural communities.
10. Upon the introduction of organic cashew nut in our production line, the company started to use only non-synthetic products for its pest control and plant sanitation program. Improvements have also been made in cashew nut receipt, storage and processing activities, which ensure the product traceability and processing excellence up to packing.
11. Organic product is certified. Organic product quality is assured by a Certification Seal. That Seal is provided by organic agriculture associations or independent certifying bodies, which check and inspect the organic food products from their production to commercialization.
Rua Vinte de Janeiro,1615
Barra do Ceará, Fortaleza - CE - Brasil
Tel. 55 85 3288.7500
Copyrights © 2015 All Rights Reserves by Resibras